Tuesday, January 22, 2008

sad news

It's seriously terrible to hear about Heath Ledger. David called me on the way home from work and had just heard from the radio that he died. A minute later, my mom called with the same news. I've watched Heath since Ten Things I Hate About You (1999). Yes, he was my celebrity crush for quite a while. I've seen almost all of his movies since then (Patriot, A Knight's Tale, Monster's Ball, The Four Feathers, Lords of Dogtown, Brokeback Mountain, Casanova, and Candy - with already definite plans to see I'm Not There and the new Batman movie).
He's extremely talented and reserved, which is nice for a young actor. He was only 28. He has a two-year-old baby girl with Michelle Williams, who I watched weekly on Dawson's Creek. I've also seen some of her films and am a fan. I feel terrible for Michelle and their daughter. I can't imagine. And they have to deal with all of the press. Anyway, it's just sad and David and I both feel upset about the situation.

-k

1 comment:

Amy and Scott said...

Yeah, it's been crazy up here with almost every channel reporting on it and almost every person you hear wanting to go down and pay respects at his apartment. It's all a shame.

Related Posts with Thumbnails