Friday, July 18, 2008

Two Months.

We have lived in our apartment two months.
We like the space.
But.
Here is a running list of some things...

1. The only electrical outlet in the master bathroom didn't work.
2. The master bath exhaust fan would randomly work at first. Now it doesn't work at all.
3. Our dishwasher broke.
4. It took them two weeks to get one of our gate cards working (unnamed person in the front office just didn't feel like typing it into the system).
5. We don't pay for cable tv, but we pay for cable internet. Tuesday our cable shut off completely. No internet. Then two days later, we get a "try cable free for a month" flyer. Idiots shut off our cable not realizing we're paying for internet. Cable guy is supposed to come today. We'll see.
6. Our nursery bathroom toilet broke - as in water was coming out of the back at the floor, out of the bowl. Apparently the builders thought it was a good idea to put a massive piece of pvc into the toilet septic pipe. Our bathroom was a wreck yesterday while they worked on it. I'm still a little grossed out to go in there.
7. Here's the kicker!! You ready? They used the curtain rod that was leaning inside the nursery window to shove down into the toilet septic pipe. I walked in to check on things, and there it was, against the wall near the toilet, covered with a rusty orange watery substance. I didn't say anything at the time. I would have had it not been $1.50 from Ikea...but I kept me cool for the time being. They washed it and leaned it back against the wall. I'm spraying it down with antibacterial stuff in a minute. The rod, which was pristine, looks like it has been scraped against concrete in places now.

I have to say, I'm pretty amazed.

Needless to say, we're having a serious talk with the manager within the next few days.

d&k.

4 comments:

Clifton said...

oh wow, you guys have had it rough. I guess I came when it was still the honeymoon period with the apartment complex. Sorry to hear things have gone downhill a bit. I can't believe they put Baby Bucky's curtain rod down the toilet - how bizarre

Melissa Crouch Stewart said...

Wow Kallie! I'm pretty speechless. You are more self-controlled than me, I probably would have screamed at the curtain-rod thing. Apartments are great sometimes. But. I hope things start looking up soon!

Sheena said...

Holy cow! It all seemed pretty routine (unfortunately) up until the curtain rod. That's just insane. People really have no respect anymore. I am sorry you're having to go through all of this. Hopefully it will all be fixed and ready to go soon. :-D

tommie said...

boo.

Related Posts with Thumbnails