Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Cypress Albums

One of the many great things that came out of Bryan's workshop was getting to meet Dena Robertson of Cypress Albums. I have been searching for a new photo book option for a while and had written off Cypress as being unattainable. I knew Bryan has used Cypress Albums for a long time and have literally pined after them. You HAVE to watch this video and see the time put into every handmade album. It's amazing:


After meeting with Dena and digging into their offerings a bit further, I realized that there are some possibilities for Kallie Brynn Photography! Yay! The photo books I now offer will be Cypress' C Albums. To continue the personal care and handmade touch, I will be hand mounting beautifully printed photographs onto the pages of the albums. I just finished my first one for Melanie and Matt and am very excited about how it turned out.

GRA09Album_001.jpg
GRA09Album_002.jpg
GRA09Album_003.jpg
GRA09Album_004.jpg
GRA09Album_011.jpg
GRA09Album_005.jpg
GRA09Album_010.jpg
GRA09Album_015.jpg
GRA09Album_029.jpg

The cover is made with Japanese bookbinding fabrics. They use beautiful Swiss ribbons on each book or presentation box. The pages are made in a mill on the east coast from cotton that is a by-product of the fashion industry. They are all acid-free archival. The pages are separated with beautifully textured vellum sheets.

These truly are gorgeous albums that will last for ages to come. Thanks to Dena and her staff for all of their help! I'm so excited!!

Love, K

4 comments:

A Bryan Photo said...

That is amazing!
I'm so pumped that you are using that album.
What a great compliment to your already stunning images!
Bj

Anonymous said...

If your dad and I ever renew our vows, we want one of these, ok??
love,
the momz

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous!! :)

Stevi Savage said...

What a great video! So exciting to see the process.

Related Posts with Thumbnails